HPP SERIES - 2010
Pressing the Boundaries
Introducing the next generation Hay Processing Plant System from Schutz Industries.
THE NEXT GENERATION "HPP SERIES-2010" HAY PROCESSING PLANT SYSTEM
- Blending capability (Teaser)
- Stone Removal System
- Industrial Baler
- In-Line (unmanned) Metal Detection and Removal
- Mouse and Weigh Table Infeed
- 720T Press
- Multi-bale packaging system
- Over 20 bale / pack combinations in the one machine
- Automatic Offal Reclaiming
- Industry best bale presentation
- 20T / hour capacity in all grades including straw (24T/hour peak rate)
- Achieves container weights in a standard GP container (even in straw)
- Requires only 560KW power usage for the whole plant
- The HPP Series -2010 is manufactured in collaboration with selected hydraulic and electrical contractors.
World Price Movements
- Having to maintain profitability when market price falls or the margins are squeezed
Competition from other Processors, nationally and overseas.
- Technology improvements adopted by competitors
Reliability of supply
- Volume to satisfy peaks and troughs
- Maintenance and down-time
- Reliable logistics - container availability
Quality of supply
- Bale presentation
- Contaminant removal
- Product Range
- OH&S and staff issues
- Cost of Transport and Power
...The Schutz Industries solution to some of these concerns
Most processors see blending as a distinct advantage of the Schutz Industries Hay Press Plant System
- It includes a 12 bale (2 X 6 bales) Teaser Bed with 2 independent drive chains.
- The Teaser head has 4 rotors with a combination of helically mounted mower blades, pegs and battens.
- The drive for the head is a reliable 63mm polychain
- Fitted to the output is a Stone Removal system that uses a vibrating screen system.
Schutz Industries have made a number of these Teaser Bed and Head combinations. Some of them are even fitted to other competitor’s machines. Schutz Industries is always happy to supply these units to ensure a consistent flow of product reaches these machines.
A big part of the reason why Schutz Industries HPP bales present so well.
- It includes a huge dual output purpose built SEW Eurodrive Gearbox.
- The gearbox is direct coupled to an electric motor / flywheel combination.
- The plunger is mounted with external rollers and rails
- The pick-up is hydraulically raised and lowered for service and knife adjustment.
- The whole top of the baler opens up hydraulically to allow for easy plunger access or removal.
- Feeding is positive due to the inclusion of a topside conveyor and a rotary feeder drum that is attached to the pick-up.
Schutz Industries have a number of Balers located in various plants around Australia but this new Baler is by far the smoothest running and easiest to maintain. It becomes the logical replacement choice.
Schutz Industries have made presses in this proven design for years. The focus is now on making the system as maintenance friendly as possible.
- Schutz Industries tested press Infeed features a Mouse which feeds the product onto a weigh table, a guillotine, precompression and transfer doors.
- The Press itself features 60MM Wall Plates – over 50T in weight (with no Infeed or Eject attached)
- The Main ram is mounted with adjacent rails and removal mechanism.
- Floor is collapsible and can be removed in minutes. It is a capped pin design, to allow for easy disassembly. Each bearing is independently greased and plumbed to a central point.
- Press table is normalised after welding ensuring longer running life and lower front toggle is now made from a cast steel moulding increasing its life span.
- The whole chamber is lined with 30mm liners. Even the Baler (including the Pick-up), Mouse and Multi-bale system are lined.
- The exit door can be easily removed out of the top of the press.
On other competitor’s unlined press, the main press floor and roof usually have to be replaced after 3 years due to wear. Unlined chambers “gum up” on high grade hay, requiring manual cleaning every couple of hours.
Schutz Industries bale presentation is regarded by Hay Processor client’s as the industry leader in feedback from their overseas customers. Adding a Multi-bale system has considerably enhanced the total Hay Press Plant system.
- The presentation edge is due to the fact that a lift table is used to load the main chamber (keeping the hay contained at all times – especially during pressing)
- Other important factors influencing the bale shape include the Teaser and Baler system
- Schutz Industries doesn't rely on the grower’s field baler for the presentation.
- The Multi-bale system also contains the bale at all times (even when slicing) so the unitised pack is now produced in the same quality as the bales.
- Presentation starts in the plant…
- The systems are elevated and have as few feet as possible to allow for easy cleaning.
- The offal reclaiming system works
- In-line metal detection and rejection just after the baler.
- The hay is looser here so detection is much easier.
- The reject is only a small amount of loose hay
- Not compressed bales or whole field bales
Hay Importers from Asia buying product processed through a Schutz Industries Hay Press Plant System have commented “Schutz bales …best bales”
Often an under accounted cost, due to the fact that lost production is rarely accounted for as a maintenance cost.
- Schutz Industries listen to plant maintenance managers and have responded.
- Heavy consideration is given to maintenance at the design stage.
- Baler Pick-up has hydraulic access
- Baler Upper frame hydraulically lifts clear
- Press Table is collapsible and adopts a pin and cap assembly method
- The press main ram has hydraulic removal system
- The Multi-bale system has a plunger removal system
- Ladders and walkways for easy access
- The whole system is elevated for access on all sides and easy cleaning.
- Sub-contractors are required to use locally available OEM component parts.
- Only quality hydraulic cylinders are used.
- 3D exploded view drawings, ladder logic and hydraulic circuit diagrams are supplied to aid maintenance.
Only excellent quality well-known brand name cylinders are used. All other bought-in parts are sourced from recognised and reliable suppliers.
Schutz Industries strives for an empathy with all customers it has supplied equipment to. Commitment to service and support are unquestionable and have been proven over a long time of manufacture in this industry..
- With a Schutz Industries Hay Press Plant system (HPP Series-2010), comes;
- Local Australian service on all mechanical issues, hay processors are treated with special urgency.
- Full 3D exploded view drawings
- Complete Ladder logic and electrical schematic diagrams
- Complete hydraulic circuit diagrams
- Collaboration – an input into level of stocking normal wear & tear spare parts.
- The whole machine is designed in 3D in AutoCad and Solidworks
- You can actually view the whole plant in detail in 3D before you buy it.
Not all competitors render open access to hydraulic circuit diagrams or ladder logic.
These are essential in rapidly responding to maintenance issues on either in an emergency or on a scheduled basis.
With a Schutz Industries Hay Press Plant system, you get a lot more for your money.
- A Press that weighs over 50T and delivers 725T to the bale.
- Stone Removal System
- Metal Detector
- Automatic Offal Return
- Press and Ancillary Machinery Linings
- Very efficient load sensing hydraulic system (560KW total installed power)
This yields itself in;
- The ability to blend bales
- A far superior bale presentation. A product that you can sell easily.
- New product variety with over 20 bale / pack configurations
- A system that isn't designed to gum up or wear down over time.
- A system where maintenance is made easy
- Local service and support.
- A system that automatically recycles the offal waste so profits don’t go on the floor.
- Improved profits
Hay processors have calculated that other hay plant systems can leave up to 10% offal behind with no quality way to return it into the system as does the HPP Series -2010.
Schutz Industries can help improve your profitability, by quoting realistic production rates.
- The production rate is 20T/ hour and this is easily achieved with a cycle time of 20 seconds and a bale weight of 120kg. Our peak rate is 24T/ hour.
- Some competitors quote higher production rates, which have been found to be peak rates that are achieved for very short periods. On comparison the actual average rate turns out to be lower than that of the Schutz Industries HPP system and usually reflects a higher maintenance cost.
A current customer of Schutz Industries with the HPP Series -2010 system runs the plant at the production rate. Their expectation of a consistent average is being achieved with expected further improvements moving to peak rates.
Schutz Industries are constantly working on new ways to help the Hay Export industry in Australia. R & D projects include;
- Automatic String Remover.
- Improved guarding and OH&S system
- Dust removal system
- Research and development in improving blending methods
- Reducing cycle times
- Endeavouring to make the plant even more maintenance friendly by working closely with maintenance managers of leading hay processors throughout the country.